Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Spontaneous Salad!

I have been fighting a cold since Sunday night, so when my husband suggested we have salad for dinner last night I was hesitant. When I got home from work and was looking through the fridge I realized there were some things that needed to be used up, so I decided to go with it. Something I've always been good at is throwing together a salad, whatever the reason they always turn out AMAZING!

Here are the ingredients I had on hand:

Bag Spinach
Iceberg Lettuce
Red Onion
Cucumber
Tomato
Pecans
Shredded Parmesan 
Left over Chicken Breast

I always wash the greens I'm using in the salad spinner. I first fill it with cold water and let the green sit until I am ready to put the salad together. This makes the greens the perfect temperature and crispness.

Spin the greens and place them in a salad bowl. Top with generous amounts of thinly sliced red onion, cucumber, tomato, pecans, or anything you have on hand that sounds good! Drizzle the entire top of the salad with your favorite dressing and let sit for 5 minutes, then top with cracked pepper &  shredded Parmesan.

Using salad tongs, make sure you grab a huge scoop, including half of the toppings from the prepared salad and top with 1/2 of the chicken breast. By this time some of the dressing will have seeped through to the bottom, toss lightly on a plate and add more dressing if desired.

This is my all time favorite salad dressing, give it a try. You will not be disappointed! 

Oh, and I promise to start taking photos while I'm cooking, I keep forgetting!





No comments:

Post a Comment